KETO BANANA BREAD MUFFINS – FREE RECIPE HERE!!!
So I love banana bread! Like REALLY love it. My mom always made this incredible banana bread that was so sticky and melted in your mouth. It had this cinnamon/sugar butter glaze that made the entire recipe THAT much yummier. To be honest, since I went keto I’ve really missed bananas and banana bread but as you may or may not know, bananas are pretty high in carbs…and so is bread lol. Sooooo the two combined don’t typically fit into the keto lifestyle.
Today a light bulb went off above my head.
“You know how to make the most delicious foods into keto recipes….for God’s sake you have a book full of recipes you made keto! Figure…This…Out…Now!”
– My Light Bulb
So that’s exactly what I did. And let me be the first to say, these babies rock. Not only are they sticky, melt in your mouth, and have the cinnamon/sugar butter glaze….but I made them as muffins so I can snack on them all week long!!!
Here’s the recipe!!!
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup truvia
- 2 pretty ripe bananas* – mashed
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter – melted
- 1/2 tsp liquid stevia
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp olive oil OR melted coconut oil
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp truvia
- 1/4 cup butter – melted
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
- Combine all dry ingredients (minus the butter glaze ingredients) in bowl, stir together, and set aside
- Combine all wet ingredients (minus the butter glaze ingredients) in a separate large bowl and using an electric hand held beater, beat on medium to high speed for 1 minute
- Slowly fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and continue beating for an additional 2 minutes
- Transfer mixture to a greased muffin pan (I use this silicone one…makes clean up super easy!!)
- Bake for 30-40 mins or until toothpick can be inserted and removed clean
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients for the butter glaze
- Once the muffins have been pulled from the oven, use a fork to poke lots of holes in them and drizzle the butter glaze over each one
- Turn oven off, but return muffins back to oven rack and close oven
- Allow them to set for 10 minutes inside warm oven
- Remove, let cool…or don’t, and serve
- Enjoy!!!! They are SO good!!!
Per 1 banana bread muffin: 198 calories, 17.1g fat, 5.4g net carbs* you can use 1 banana instead of 2 to significantly cut these carbs even lower, 4.8g protein, 0.5g sugar…and these are loaded with Potassium!